Rick is a Master Personal Trainer with an expansive career in the fitness industry. For over 20 years, he has worked as a Division I Strength Coach, Boxing Coach, Olympic Weightlifting Coach and personal training. Furthermore, he takes pride specializing in medically-challenged clientele. For example:
- Individuals with cardiac and metabolic complications
- Pre-surgical and post-therapy interventions
- Cancer patients during varying stages of treatment
Rick has long-served in an education role in the fitness industry. Developing and overseeing programs for college interns and trainers alike. Before his career in fitness, McCarthy proudly served in the military as a U.S. Army Combat Engineer. Overseeing fitness training for his unit as the Physical Training Non-Commissioned Officer (PTNCO).
Rick proudly holds a Master’s Degree in Business Intelligence, two Bachelor’s Degrees – Exercise Physiology and Criminal Justice – and is working toward a second Master’s in Science & Clinical Exercise Physiology.
He holds multiple professional certifications, including:
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist® (CSCS)
- Certified Special Populations Specialist® (CSPS) with the National Strength & Conditioning Association® (NSCA)
- Certified Exercise Physiologist® (EP-C)
- Cancer Exercise Trainer® (CET), with the American College of Sports Medicine® (ACSM) and American Cancer Society®
Respectively, Rick is also certified as a Level 2 Provider with the Exercise is Medicine™ initiative and is a past recipient of the American Red Cross Hometown Hero Award.